Hello everyone! The complete restoration of the “Peck House” (named after Captain Augustus Peck) has been finished. Built in Middlebury, Connecticut, in 1783, it was taken apart and moved to Deary last summer where a crew (under Brother Kevin Durkin’s care) restored it to its original beauty.
Category: The Walk
As 2020 drew to a close, we could not believe time had passed so quickly. The challenges and opportunities that we experienced during the year offer a new perspective as we begin 2021.
Late fall found us all storing hay and feed for our livestock, gathering and splitting the last of the firewood and buttoning up our gardens and greenhouses. Each family hurried to complete their harvests and plant their garlic for next year. Men and boys, along with a sister or two, took to the fields and forests in pursuit of wild game.
What beautiful autumn afternoons we have enjoyed these past few weeks! The weather has been so nice to do everything outdoors. Just about every day we take a walk and enjoy the landscape with the falling leaves.
Twenty years ago, Brother Ralph and Sister Fleur Lattimore established Timberworks, the first (and for many years only) timber frame company in New Zealand.
Because of the many restrictions surrounding the pandemic, we worried that we might have to cancel our Thanksgiving Fair. But the Lord answered our prayers: the county officials have approved our holding this outdoor event. Although we have less time than usual to prepare, we feel a responsibility to bring God
Spring has arrived! The gardens are greening up, the vegetables are growing quicker, and the days are getting longer. The time has come to share our first harvest.
Greetings family and friends! Our fifth annual Farm Day and Craft Fair occurred on Saturday, August 22. Throughout the week, a steady stream of brothers and sisters arrived from Texas to help with the final push to completion.